While purchasing a mattress there are a few questions that you need to ask yourself. You need to decide that what is more important to you. It is either your health or your comfort or the mattress’s durability. In this article, we will compare memory foam and latex mattress and let you decide for yourself.
Memory foam mattress are considered to be the best comfort providers and pressure relievers. However, they are made from certain chemicals that can be harsh for you. For example, petroleum based memory foam is made using carcinogens and can cause respiratory issues, headaches and itchy eyes. On the other hand, latex mattresses are the best when it comes to durability and health, but they are not the best comfort providers. This is due to the reason that the more natural such mattress tends to be the firmer it becomes. Latex mattresses have been around since 50’s and are thought to be the most eco-friendly mattress option available.
In comparison to this a memory foam mattresses outperforms latex mattress in all the tests, which measure comfort, like proper blood circulation and pressure point relief. A memory foam mattress offers the best surface to sleep along with a soothing hug and better contouring support. But if you buy a memory foam mattress you will have to compromise on your health. Choosing between one’s health (natural latex) or comfort (memory foam) is a dilemma for most individuals.
The chart given below will make the comparison much easier for you.
Now the question arises that should you buy a latex or a memory foam mattress?
We would recommend latex foam to the individuals who:
- Want greater bounce – Latex foam offers more bounce than a memory foam. This helps to prevent the “sinking” feel while sleeping. It also can be a nice touch for ardent activities.
- Want a quicker response time – Active sleepers usually find a faster response time to be more comfortable while sleeping. A latex mattress is specially designed to move and respond as you as per your requirements throughout the night.
- Prefer a natural mattress – Natural latex is thought to be purely organic because it can only be produced with natural rubber. This mattress made of the organic latex mattress is considered hypoallergenic as well.
We would recommend memory foam to individuals who:
- Need deep compression support – The level of sinkage that a classic memory foam mattress provides is significantly more than the sinkage provided by a latex mattress. The greater the sinkage the deeper the compressional support.
- Want a slow response time – People who are not active sleepers may appreciate a mattress that has a slower response time. This allows them to sink really well into the mattress and get deeper pressure relief.
- Demand varied materials – There are wide ranges of memory foam options available in the market. You can choose between a traditional memory foam, a responsive memory foam or a gel memory foam as per your requirements. Each type is created to satisfy the needs of different sleepers while maintaining the viscoelastic feel that is well distinguished in all memory foams.