No doubt, we spend a great portion of our lives sleeping. That is why having a comfortable, relaxing and safe mattress for our kid is very much necessary. Opting a mattress for a kid is usually confusing and tough for parents. A mattress is not the most noticeable part of a kid’s bedroom yet it is surely one of the most necessary.
Here are few questions to ask prior to buying a kids mattress.
1) Is it comfortable? Merely because it is “made for children”, doesn’t mean it should not be having the same, or much better quality and all comfortable and relaxing features than any adult mattress. Organic cotton, luxurious ticking, thick padding, and fantastic quality materials all are the key to make any mattress a super comfortable.
2) Is it safe? No matter how much tall your kid’s bed is off the ground, you need to prevent any fall at any cost. That is why high and good safety rails on any children bed are very critical. Did you think that each inch of thickness (, cushiness and comfy-ness) of your kid’s mattress decrease the safety rail height of his bed by a corresponding inch? Few of manufacturers have opted to merely go to the minimum federally compulsory 5” safety rail height for kids’ bunks and lofts. We, too, believe in low profile (5″) mattresses for kids sleeping in raised beds. You do not have to make a mattress super doper thick to make it relaxing, comfortable and perfect to sleep on. Yet, you can actually cut into safety rail height with some extra plush mattress. And… if you seriously want a thicker mattress we recommend you to look for an 8″ thickness, but please just avoid going all the way to 11.
3) What type of foam is utilized in the mattress? Almost all of mattresses have any type of foam, and there are real differences between them that are worth to understand. The easiest way to satisfy yourself that you are going to purchase a safe and great quality foam product is to look for CC – a Certitude certification. All of foams that are used in Max mattresses are certified Certitude -US and low emissions (Low VOCS). They are made without Ozone depletes, PBDE’s, mercury, lead heavy metal, formaldehyde, and Phthalate.
4) What is the surface and ticking made up of and treated with? Lots kids mattresses available in the market utilize synthetic materials that can block moisture also cause sweating. The ticking of Max mattresses is actually made with the real organic cotton. Max mattresses are treated with Nanotex as well, a fabulous material that aids moisture bead off the surface. So whenever a spill occurs, your mattress is protected very well and can dry easier.
5) What types of choices are available, and what is the difference? Strangely, there are not enough or many option of kid’s mattresses out there! Via their Maxmattress range, lots of them offers the main four categories of mattresses to give one a great array of option from the most affordable to high-grade foam mattress.